As we enter the final hours of 2011, it's an appropriate time to look back at the past year, and look ahead to the year to come. So here's a roundup of our "Best of 2011" coverage, as well as predictions for trends that will impact the data center industry in 2012.
- Top 10 Data Center Stories of 2011 - In assessing the top stories of 2011, we begin with our readers. What were the stories that held your attention this year? Here’s our rundown of the 10 most popular stories on Data Center Knowledge this year, ranked by the number of page views they received:
- Top 10 Data Center Trends of 2011 - What were the major trends in the data center industry during 2011? We’ve identified 10 trends that had a significant impact on the sector. Here’s our list:
- Largest Data Center Leases of 2011 - The Grubb & Ellis list of the year’s top 10 wholesale space transactions highlighted two key trends: the ongoing appetite for data center space in Silicon Valley, and the surge in leasing by service providers in the suburban Chicago market.
- Industry Perspectives 2011: Disaster Recovery - This year’s natural and man-made disasters reinforced the need for a comprehensive, tested disaster recovery plan. In our Industry Perspectives section, data center thought leaders contributed several quality columns on disaster planning and services
We asked our readers to share their thoughts on the year ahead. We got lots of submissions, which we shared in a series of stories looking at Trends for 2012.
- Cloud Computing Trends to Watch in 2012 - What will be the hot trends in cloud computing for 2012? More multi-cloud deployments, more focus on user control and customization, and growth in the Asia-Pacific region are among the trends foreseen by our contributors.
- Trends for 2012: Data Center Design & Operations - Data Center Knowledge readers see continuing emergence of modular data center designs, as well as the need for improved management techniques and tools for complex data center environments
- Data Center Energy Efficiency Trends for 2012 - We wrap up our reader predictions on 2012 with a look at data center energy efficiency, and some of the strategies that we may see more of during the new year.
We'd like to wish a happy new year to our readers around the world. It's been an amazing year for Data Center Knowledge, reflecting the fact that it was another big year for the data center industry. Here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012!