The NOC at the SuperNap in Las Vegas. Switch announced this week that the facility was expanding even more.
Here’s our top stories on Data Center Knowledge for October 7th:
- Switch Building Bigger With Huge SuperNAP Expansion  – Barely two years after completing its massive SuperNAP, Las Vegas data center specialist Switch is building again. The company has begun construction on two new facilities on its Las Vegas campus that will add 600,000 square feet of data center space in 2012.
- Datapipe Goes Modular With Verne in Iceland  – Managed hosting provider Datapipe will be the first tenant in Verne Global’s new data center in Iceland, deploying customer servers in a factory-built modular design housed within a former NATO command center.
- Remembering Steve Jobs  – The technology world is remembering Apple founder Steve Jobs, who passed away this week at 56. His genius and passion can be seen all around us in products and entertainment we enjoy and he pointed the way toward the future with the iCloud in his last public appearance.
- Tough Quarter for Data Center Stocks  – Shares of data center companies tend to be more volatile than the broader market. That held true in the third quarter of 2011, which was a tough time for Wall Street and a tougher time for the data center sector. Every stock in our Data Center Investor chart fell by at least 10 percent in the three-month period ending Sept. 30, with six of the 10 companies dropping 20 percent or more
- Open Source Leader Red Hat to Acquire Gluster  – Red Hat, provider of enterprise open source solutions, announced it will pay $136 million in cash to acquire Gluster, Inc., a privately-held provider of scale-out, open source storage solutions for standardizing the management of unstructured data.
Stay current on Data Center Knowledge’s data center news by subscribing to our RSS feed 
and daily e-mail updates 
, or by following us on Twitter 
or Facebook 
or join our new LinkedIn Group
– Data Center Knowledge 
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/08/top-5-data-center-stories-week-of-oct-8/
URLs in this post:
 Switch Building Bigger With Huge SuperNAP Expansion: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/04/switch-building-bigger-with-huge-vegas-expansion/
 Datapipe Goes Modular With Verne in Iceland: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/05/datapipe-goes-modular-with-verne-in-iceland/
 Remembering Steve Jobs: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/06/remembering-steve-jobs/
 Tough Quarter for Data Center Stocks: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/03/tough-quarter-for-data-center-stocks/
 Open Source Leader Red Hat to Acquire Gluster: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/10/04/open-source-leader-red-hat-to-acquire-gluster/
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 daily e-mail updates: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com../archives/2011/10/01/subscribe/
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/datacenter
 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 Data Center Knowledge: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3317597
 Colleen Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/colleenm/
Click here to print.