O’Reilly Media is bringing its Velocity Web Performance and Operations conference to Europe at the Hotel Maritim ProArte in Berlin on November 8-9. The conference, which focuses on making sites scalable, reliable and fast, promises to present tools, research and success stories on topics such as progressive enhancement, infrastructure automation, mobile development and data center innovation.
Velocity will also feature:
- Tracks covering the key aspects of web performance and operations in depth
- Inspirational keynote presentations that bring clarity to thorny issues
- Hundreds of technically sophisticated architects, web developers, sys admins and engineers, managers, and experts under one roof
- An Exhibit Hall featuring dozens of the latest tools and products
- Fun evening events, Birds of a Feather sessions, and plenty of networking opportunities
Keynote speakers for the conference include John Allspaw, VP of Etsy.com and Joshua Bixby, President of Strangeloop Networks. Allspaw has worked in systems operations for more than fourteen years in biotech, government and online media. He built the infrastructures at Salon, InfoWorld, Friendster and Flickr. Bixby co-founded and served as President and CEO of IronPoint Technology and as Senior Vice President, Marketing and Product Development, at NTS Internet Solutions after holding senior marketing and product roles at MNK and GRAPAD.
Visit the Velocity Europe site for full conference agenda, list of speakers and registration.
For more events, visit the Data Center Knowledge Events Calendar