The exterior of Vantage Data Centers' V2 facility, showing the air intake louvers on the second-floor "penthouse" cooling plenum.
For your weekend reading, here’s a recap of five noteworthy stories that appeared on Data Center Knowledge this past week:
- Vantage Quickly Filling Space in Santa Clara  – Wholesale data center provider Vantage Data Centers has leased 93 percent of the available space in its first two data centers at its new Santa Clara campus, the company said today. The leasing successes are notable because Vantage is a new player in the wholesale market, and has quickly filled virtually all of its space in one of the most competitive markets in the data center industry.
- DuPont Fabros Opens New Data Centers in Virginia, Silicon Valley  – DuPont Fabros Technology has completed two major data center projects, bringing new space online in two of the busiest markets. DuPont Fabros (DFT) said Tuesday that it has its ACC6 Phase I data center located in Ashburn, Virginia and its SC1 Phase I data center located in Santa Clara, California. Both facilities offer wholesale data center space.
- Cisco Unveils Multi-Purpose Data Center  – In an age when many data centers are optimized for specific types of compute loads, the new Cisco data center in Research Triangle Park serves as a proof-of-concept for another approach to data center design: a facility that can quickly shift from one mission to another.
- EMC Opens New Cloud Data Center in North Carolina  – EMC announced a new data center and Center of Excellence lab in Durham, North Carolina that will power the company’s cloud computing operation. The 450,000 square foot facility will house a 30,000 square foot data center running IT applications to support EMC’s 50,000 employees around the globe.
- Sept. 11, 2001: One Data Center’s Story  – The massive destruction wrought by the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks tested mission-critical facilities in lower Manhattan. Here’s a look back at the challenges faced by one key facility.
Stay current on Data Center Knowledge’s data center news by subscribing to our RSS feed 
and daily e-mail updates 
, or by following us on Twitter 
or Facebook 
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/17/top-5-data-center-stories-week-of-sept-17/
URLs in this post:
 Vantage Quickly Filling Space in Santa Clara: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/13/vantage-quickly-filling-santa-clara-space/
 DuPont Fabros Opens New Data Centers in Virginia, Silicon Valley: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/14/dupont-fabros-opens-two-new-facilities/
 Cisco Unveils Multi-Purpose Data Center: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/12/cisco-unveils-multi-purpose-data-center/
 EMC Opens New Cloud Data Center in North Carolina: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/15/emc-opens-new-cloud-data-center-in-nc/
 Sept. 11, 2001: One Data Center’s Story: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/09/11/sept-11-2001-one-data-centers-story/
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 daily e-mail updates: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/subscribe/
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/datacenter
 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.