Apple watchers may be interested in a video report from a Charlotte news station that provides views of the exterior of the company’s new data center in Maiden, North Carolina. The report doesn’t break any new ground, rehashing recent speculation from securities analysts about an Apple video service that might compete with Netflix. But it provides a ground-level view of the exterior of the Apple data center, providing a sense of the scope of the 500,000 square foot facility. Here’s a look at the video, which runs 2 minutes, 30 seconds (with a pre-roll advertisement).
See the Apple Data Center FAQ for additional background on the iDataCenter. For those just joining this story, here’s some of our earlier coverage on Apple’s new facility:
- The Technology Inside Apple’s New iDataCenter
- Apple Unleashing the iDataCenter? Not Yet
- Where Apple’s ‘Secret Cloud’ Will Live
- Is an iTunes “Reboot” Driving the iDataCenter Project?
- The iDataCenter and the Cloud
- Maiden iDataCenter Will be 500,000 Square Feet
- It’s Official: Apple Data Center to North Carolina
- The Apple-Google Data Center Corridor
- Apple iDataCenter set for Maiden
- Apple Moving Quickly on NC Project