For your weekend reading, here’s a recap some of the noteworthy stories that appeared on Data Center Knowledge this past week:
- Marquee Tenants Expand With DuPont Fabros  – In January some of DuPont Fabros Technology’s marquee tenants lined up capacity for future growth, including Facebook, Rackspace, ServerCentral and Zynga. “We’re the landlord for the cloud,” says DFT chief executive Hossein Fateh.
- Amazon Buys Dublin Site for Data Center  – Amazon has bought a former supermarket warehouse near Dublin and plans to convert the building into a data center to expand its rapidly-growing cloud computing operation. The company recently acquired a 240,000 square foot building in Greenhills Industrial Estate that previously housed storage for UK supermarket chain Tesco.
- i/o Opens Factory for Modular Data Centers  - i/o Data Centers is opening a large factory in Phoenix to manufacture modular data centers, the company said today. The 221,000-square-foot facility will produce the company’s i/o Anywhere data center modules, which can then be rapidly deployed at a customer premises.
- Digital Realty Targets Growing Colo Firms  – Digital Realty Trust is focusing on local and regional colocation and hosting companies as potential customers for its Turn-Key Datacenter offering, seeking to combat an impression that its services are only accessible to the largest colo providers.
- Equinix Will Step Up Expansion Plan  – Colocation and interconnection provider Equinix is expanding its data center space in two key European traffic hubs, and has added an extra $100 million to its capital budget build additional data centers in 2011, company executives said this week.
- Analysis: Colocation Pricing Trends  – After years of trending upward, pricing for large colocation deals is stabilizing in some markets, according to industry sources, some of whom cite increased competition between wholesale data center providers and colocation companies.
- Data Center Map Adds Search for Cloud Services  – Data Center Map announced the launch of a new feature that allows users to search for cloud computing services based on the geographic location of their data center and specific features offered by each provider. The new feature is intended to guide customers through the growing jungle of cloud server providers, providing results via an interactive map.
- Go Daddy: Super Traffic from Super Bowl Ads  – Super Bowl ads still work magic for Go Daddy, according to CEO and founder Bob Parsons, who said the company’s two ads during Super Bowl XLV drove big traffic and big sales.
- The Mobile Traffic Explosion and its Impact  – There’s incredible growth in mobile data in the coming years, according to several vendors and analysts who have recently issued reports. This is a particularly interesting development for mobile cloud computing, as most of the forecasted traffic is expected to be driven by cloud-based services.
Stay current on Data Center Knowledge’s data center news by subscribing to our RSS feed  and daily e-mail updates , or by following us on Twitter  or Facebook .
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/12/data-center-week-in-review-february-12/
URLs in this post:
 Marquee Tenants Expand With DuPont Fabros: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/10/marquee-tenants-expand-with-dupont-fabros/
 Amazon Buys Dublin Site for Data Center: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/09/amazon-buys-dublin-site-for-data-center/
 i/o Opens Factory for Modular Data Centers: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/10/io-opens-factory-for-modular-data-centers/
 Digital Realty Targets Growing Colo Firms: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/10/digital-realty-targets-growing-colo-firms/
 Equinix Will Step Up Expansion Plan: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/10/equinix-will-step-up-expansion-plan/
 Analysis: Colocation Pricing Trends: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/11/analysis-colocation-pricing-trends/
 Data Center Map Adds Search for Cloud Services: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/09/data-center-map-adds-search-for-cloud-services/
 Go Daddy: Super Traffic from Super Bowl Ads: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/07/go-daddy-super-traffic-from-super-bowl-ads/
 The Mobile Traffic Explosion and its Impact: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/02/07/the-mobile-traffic-explosion-and-its-impact/
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 daily e-mail updates: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com../subscribe/
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/datacenter
 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.