Posted By Kevin Normandeau On January 3, 2011 @ 11:17 am In Webcast | No Comments
$50 million and two years of construction time will buy 20,000 square-feet of data center space. At these prices, the pressure is high to utilize each and every kW of capacity that was purchased. However, many data centers are unable to load safely beyond 60 percent of their potential, leaving 40 percent of the initial investment on the table.
What causes stranded capacity? And how can stranded capacity be regained without having to resort to drastic measures? This webinar  from Future Facilities presents a case study from a leading financial institution and shows how an ongoing look at the data center environment through simulation became an integral part of their planning processes and allowed them to manage this otherwise stranded capacity.
This webcast will be presented on 1/5/11 at 9:00 AM Eastern or 9:00 AM Pacific. Click here to register to attend.
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/01/03/extending-the-lifespan-of-a-data-center/
URLs in this post:
 webinar: http://whitepapers.datacenterknowledge.com/content11352
Copyright © 2012 Data Center Knowledge. All rights reserved.