Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for December 14th:
- OpSource announces new suite of managed services – OpSource, Inc. today announced Managed Services for the Cloud, a full suite of application and system management services that provides businesses and developers with a more operationally- efficient model for migrating and scaling mission-critical applications in the public cloud. This offering enables organizations to experience the cost benefits of the public cloud while mitigating the security, control and integration issues that have inhibited the adoption of cloud services in the past. Press release.
- FleetMatics in Multimillion Dollar Deal With ViaWest – FleetMatics, a market leader of GPS tracking for commercial fleet vehicles, announced today that it has completed the implementation of a new hosted data center with ViaWest, based in Denver, Colorado. ViaWest will now provide hosted servers to support all FleetMatics’ US customers, enabling FleetMatics to offer customers new levels of performance and scalability. The multimillion dollar infrastructure agreement augments the company’s two other hosting sites, located in Dublin, Ireland and provides additional system support as the company and its customers grow. Press release.
- Online Tech Upgrades Michigan Data Center Infrastructure – Online Tech, a leading Midwest data center operator, has added network connectivity from Qwest Communications, providing them with access to one of the largest, most technically advanced data networks in the world. This investment puts Online Tech in a better position to offer more reliable and more robust network connectivity to their clients. Press release.
- AYKsolutions Expands into Europe with London Data Center – Web hosting provider AYKsolutions announced on Monday it has expanded into the European market with new data center space located in London, UK. The data center is AYKsolutions’ first location outside of the US. The facility is designed to “create maximum reliability, efficiency, and performance,” providing customers with a better solution for reaching their visitors in Europe and surrounding areas. From The WHIR.
- CloudSwitchLaunches Enterprise 2.0 – CloudSwitch, Inc. today released version 2.0 of its award-winning CloudSwitch Enterprise software. Released just six months after the company launched its software appliance, Enterprise 2.0 addresses customer requirements for greater flexibility, scalability and control in the cloud. CloudSwitch Enterprise is a downloadable software appliance that installs easily into VMware and Xen environments. Built on CloudSwitch’s patent-pending Cloud Isolation Technology, CloudSwitch software bridges the enterprise data center with cloud computing services, extending enterprise security and control into the cloud.
- Interactive Data Extends to Equinix Data Centres in Tokyo and London – Interactive Data Corporation, a leading provider of financial market data, analytics and related solutions, and Equinix, Inc. today announced that Interactive Data has extended its presence in Asia and the UK by adding Equinix Tokyo-2 and London-4 data centres to its existing presence with Equinix in Hong Kong, Sydney, Chicago, New York and Frankfurt. The new data centres are integral to Interactive Data’s global expansion programme for its real-time market data and trading solutions, by further extending the Company’s capabilities to key financial markets across the globe. Press release.
- JouleX and Intel Enter Pact for Data Center Management Solution – Enterprise energy management solution provider JouleX announced that its JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) product is now fully integrated with the Intel Data Center Manager ( DCM) and the Intel Intelligent Power Node Manager. The “load-adaptive computing” technology from JouleX dynamically allocates computing resources based upon system and application utilization, driving more energy efficiency and optimization across the data center, company officials said. From TMCnet.