Here's our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for November 19th:
- Datapipe Launches Managed Cloud for AWS - Datapipe, global leader of managed services and infrastructure for IT and cloud computing, today announced Datapipe Managed Cloud, a complete managed services offering designed for Amazon Web Services (AWS). With Datapipe Managed Cloud, organizations have a partner to plan, migrate and manage all of its mission-critical IT applications running on one of the most widely used cloud infrastructure web services platforms in the world. Datapipe Managed Cloud allows business executives and IT managers to successfully deploy applications and services to AWS knowing it is fully supported and delivered through a delivery model based on world-class service, simple pricing and the ability to scale resources up and down based on need. Datapipe has designed a comprehensive managed services offering for AWS, as well as a suite of Datapipe Cloud Accelerators designed to help customers fully leverage the scalability, elasticity and pay as you go pricing model of AWS.
- Dell Data Center Solutions Unit Builds Momentum in Cloud - Dell today announced growing market adoption and interest in its Dell Cloud Solutions as customers across a variety of industries including market research and IT hosting services have chosen Dell Data Center Solutions (DCS) to build out their own cloud computing, data analytics and hyperscale data center installations. Supporting Dell’s broader Virtual Era strategy, these holistic cloud solutions are comprised of pre-tested, pre-assembled, fully-supported and optimized hardware, software and services. Customers Uniserve , InsightExpress and Eightfold Logic are building out highly efficient and scalable data analytics and cloud computing infrastructures with help from Dell. Press release.
- Sentilla Expands with London Location: Sentilla Corporation, leading provider of energy management solutions for data centers, today announced its expansion into Europe with the opening of a new London location and the hiring of a new sales team, including Vice President Mike Fisher and Technical Director Simon Parker. London is recognized as one of the world’s leading cities for corporate sustainability programs and the expansion will allow Sentilla to capitalize on the demand for its services created by the city’s favorable corporate sustainability market. The expansion means Sentilla now has a presence in the world’s two major corporate sustainability markets—San Francisco Bay Area and London—strengthening the company’s position to deliver its services on a global scale.
- Colt Hires Geoghegan, Formerly at Digital Realty - Colt, Europe’s leading information delivery platform, today announced that it will appoint Bernard Geoghegan as Executive Vice President of Colt Data Centre Services in January 2011. In this role Geoghegan will be responsible for managing Colt’s newly formed Data Centre Services business. Geoghegan will join Colt from Digital Realty Trust and is set to head up this Colt business and oversee the growth of its Modular Data Centre strategy announced in July 2010.
- ServInt Triples its Network Capacity to Accommodate Growth - ServInt, a pioneering provider of managed hosting for enterprises worldwide, today announced it has completed a series of core routing upgrades and network additions resulting in an increase of more than 200 percent in overall capacity. ServInt achieved these upgrades with no customer downtime. This series of extensive network-infrastructure upgrades allows for optimum network stability and performance as ServInt’s customer base continues to expand. The upgrades are in response to recent rapid growth of ServInt’s customer base, as well as in preparation for upcoming projects. Press release.
- Highwinds Establishes NOC at PhoenixNAP - Phoenix NAP announced today that Highwinds, a leader in content delivery, network, and IP services, has established a point-of-presence within the Phoenix NAP facility. Highwinds will make its IP Transit and Transport solutions available out of Phoenix NAP, enabling businesses in various industries, including media and entertainment, software and gaming, to move content across its RollingThunder network. Press release.