Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for November 5th:
- Data center start-up seeks $60m through IPO  – Data center start-up NEXTDC has revealed plans to list on the Australian Securities Exchange chasing a $60 million capital injection. NEXTDC chief executive Bevan Slattery said the company expected to lodge its prospectus on November 9. Slattery said he would seek to raise about $40m and that he would personally inject $20m in cash into the company. From The Australian.
- Will Netflix destroy the Internet?  – Netflix is swallowing America’s bandwidth, too, and it probably won’t be long before it comes for the rest of the world. That’s one of the headlines from Sandvine’s Fall 2010 Global Internet Phenomena Report, an exhaustive look at what people around the world are doing with their Internet lines. According to Sandvine, Netflix accounts for 20 percent of downstream Internet traffic during peak home Internet usage hours in North America. That’s an amazing share—it beats that of YouTube, iTunes, Hulu, and BitTorrent. FromFarhad Manjoo at Slate.
- Facebook at 13 Million Queries Per Second  – Facebook gave a MySQL Tech Talk where they talked about many things MySQL, but one of the more subtle and interesting points was their focus on controlling the variance of request response times and not just worrying about maximizing queries per second. But first the scalability porn. From High Scalability
- What Does Dell Want With A New Data Center?  – The QUincy deal could signal a bigger push into hosting for Dell, upping the ante in its competition with IBM and HP.
- Juniper Networks Supports DS-Lite for IPv6 Migration  – Juniper Networks (JNPR) today announced its support for Dual Stack Lite (DS-Lite), a unique and promising approach to IPv6 migration’ DS-Lite is a key technology that allows service providers to handle IPv4 address exhaustion incrementally while using IPv6 as a transport layer for IPv4 in the access network. Press release.
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2010/11/05/data-center-industry-links-for-november-5th/
URLs in this post:
 Data center start-up seeks $60m through IPO: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/green-data-centre-start-up-seeks-60m-through-listing/story-e6frg8zx-1225947490914
 Will Netflix destroy the Internet?: http://www.slate.com/id/2273314?nav=wp
 Facebook at 13 Million Queries Per Second: http://highscalability.com/blog/2010/11/4/facebook-at-13-million-queries-per-second-recommends-minimiz.html
 What Does Dell Want With A New Data Center?: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-dell-want-with-a-new-data-center-2010-11
 Juniper Networks Supports DS-Lite for IPv6 Migration: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/company/press-center/press-releases/2010/pr_2010_11_04-08_30.html
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.