Data Center World Mega-Roundup
There have been a bunch of product and service announcments this week in conjunction with the AFCOM data Center World fall conference in Las Vegas. Here’s a roundup of some of those announcements:
- Minicom Partners With Digi on Remote Access – Minicom Advanced Systems, a leading developer of remote access, control, and management solutions for data centers, announced today that it is partnering with Digi International, providing them with remote serial access management. Minicom is integrating access and management of Digi Passport, Digi’s industry leading console servers, into AccessIT, Minicom’s remote access management system. Console servers offer a secure and auditable method for gaining access to network devices, either through a web-based interface, or a serial or modem connection when the network is down or unavailable.
- StillSecure Announces PCI Complete - StillSecure, an enterprise network security company, announces the general availability of PCI Complete through five new Data Center partners in addition to its launch two weeks ago with ViaWest. Peak 10, Host.net, Immedion, CoreLink Data Centers and Steadfast Networks are joining ViaWest as approved PCI Complete delivery partners. PCI Complete is a fully managed solution which helps merchants comply with all managed Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) provisions. The industry’s first comprehensive, Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)-certified solution, PCI Complete delivers the people, processes and technology merchants and service providers need to achieve and maintain PCI compliance.
- Modius Launches New Version - Modius Inc.announced enhancements to its OpenData line of real-time monitoring solutions for data centers with the launch of OpenData® v3.4. New features include visual alarm correlation, dynamic heat map reporting, an integrated reporting framework, and a new rack management dashboard.
- Zonit Introduces ATS Switch – Zonit Structured Solutions introduced the Micro Automatic Transfer Switch (µATS), an ultra-small-form-factor (zero “U”) automatic power transfer switch for data centers. The Zonit µATS plugs directly into the back of single-power-supply devices (such as servers, routers, and switches). It features two power cords and circuitry that monitors the power quality of the main power source. If the main “A-source” power quality becomes unacceptable, the Zonit µATS automatically switches over and draws power from the “B-source,” thus keeping the device to which it’s connected up and running.
- Anixter Introduces ipAssured - Anixter will launch its new infrastructure assurance program, Anixter ipAssured for Data Centers, during a special live event at the upcoming AFCOM Data Center World trade show. Anixter ipAssured is an infrastructure assurance program that includes the physical infrastructure products and best practices needed to support current and future data center applications.