Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for September 30th:
- Rackspace Hosts over 3 Million Daily Transactions with Vodafone – Rackspace Hosting (NYSE:RAX), the world’s leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry, today announced that it has been chosen by Vodafone to host and support the M-PESA platform, WHICH IS designed to provide a fast, safe and easy way to transfer money from person to person and is a valuable service in emerging economies where there is little or no existing banking infrastructure outside the major cities. It is now available in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Afghanistan and Fiji and boasts over 16 million customers.
- Saba Chooses Carpathia Hosting for Compliant SaaS – Carpathia Hosting announced today that Saba has chosen Carpathia as a strategic cloud infrastructure partner, supporting the company’s US, Canadian and EMEA operations. The partnership will allow Saba to meet strict federal compliance requirements for public sector and commercial customers of its SaaS collaboration services.
- RightScale Launches Solution for Development and Testing in the Cloud – Cloud computing management provider RightScale, Inc.,today announced the RightScale Development & Test Solution Pack, a cloud management solution designed to help software development and testing teams more easily provision and use cloud computing resources to improve software quality and speed time-to-market.
- Hibernia Atlantic connects to Toronto Stock Exchange – Transatlantic bandwidth provider Hibernia Atlantic says it has connected its low-latency Global Financial Network (GFN) to the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, and the Montreal Exchange, all located in the TMX primary data center.
- GreenQloud taps Scality’s technology – GreenQloud, which is launching a carbon-neutral cloud hosting and storage service, has announced a technology partnership with Scality, which provides object-based cloud storage. The move will allow the Icelandic cloud service provider to launch its services later this year to users around the world.
- Data Center and Retail Electricity Supplier Find Synergy – 360 Technology Center Solutions, LLC, a Chicago-area provider of high density colocation services and MC Squared Energy Services, LLC, (mc2) an Illinois-based retail electricity supplier, recently announced a partnership. MC2 will help 360TCS manage its energy expenses, and also use the company’s colocation and data center services.
- Siemon Optical Fiber Supports New Fast Ethernet Standards – Siemon said today that its product offerings support the recently ratified IEEE standards for 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Ethernet applications for deployment over optical fiber cabling and high speed interconnect assemblies.
- ViaWest to Provide Data Center Services for Fusion-io – ViaWest, a leading provider of adaptable colocation and managed services, has announced Fusion-io has inked an agreement with ViaWest for colocation services in Utah. “Fusion-io is without a doubt a key addition to our Utah customer base,” said David Tietjen, ViaWest’s Vice President & General Manager in Utah.