Data Center Knowledge (DCK) (www.datacenterknowledge.com) is looking for an experienced freelance blogger to cover cloud computing news.
DCK is a leading source of daily news and analysis about the data center industry, with an emphasis on the trends driving the powerful growth in demand for mission-critical facilities, as well as the challenges and opportunities presented by high-density computing and its impact on power and cooling. The majority of the news focus is U.S. companies.
This freelancer will be expected to file approximately 5-8 posts (400 to 700 words per post) each week. Writers will receive assignments but also be expected to develop their own story ideas.
- Excellent original reporting and news/business writing skills, with a primary focus on facts, not speculation.
- Proven skills in building and maintaining relationships with news sources.
- Technical understanding of cloud computing and issues surrounding it, including the ability to differentiate between different types of cloud computing offerings and platforms, and clearly explain the significance of products and services and how they fit into the existing cloud ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and its cloud computing offerings is helpful. (AWS will be a significant focus of this beat.)
- Internet savvy: ability to spot stories, trends, and clearly and succinctly communicate a unique perspective.
- Familiarity with WordPress blog publishing platform is a plus.
Compensation is on a per-post basis, with traffic bonuses available. Writers work remotely, but would be in close contact with editors on the East Coast of the United States.
Please submit published writing samples (links or PDFs) and resume/CV to Colleen Miller, email: cmiller “at” datacenterknowledge.com.