Had a busy work week? For your weekend reading, here’s a recap some of the noteworthy stories that appeared on Data Center Knowledge this past week::
- Special Report: Data Centers & Renewable Energy – In this special report, we look at the challenges of implementing renewable energy solutions in data centers, and also highlight early adopters who have implemented on-site renewable solutions.
- Container Design: Busting Out of The Box – Are data center containers busting out of their box? A growing number of vendors are introducing data center container products, as the concept appears to be gaining traction with end users in key sectors.
- Data Centers With No UPS or Generator? – First came data centers with no chillers. But is the industry ready for a data center with no UPS and no generators?
- Most Popular Data Center Videos – We thought it would be interesting to look at the Internet infrastructure videos that have gone viral and attracted the largest audiences on YouTube. We begin with the Most Popular Data Center Videos.
- Most Popular Supercomputing Videos – Supercomputing is all about big and fast machines with lots of power to perform – whether scientific calculations or code breaking. Enjoy this video look into the world of supercomputing.
- Most Popular Cloud Computing Videos - In the final installment of our review of the most popular YouTube videos in different sectors of the data center realm, we look today at the Cloud Computing category. These videos all share a common thread: explanation.
- A Cavalcade of Generators – When the grid goes down, data center managers rely on diesel generators to keep the power on. These videos show some of the massive generators that keep those servers humming.
- Savvis Secures $625 Million Credit Line – Savvis (SVVS) announced that it has arranged for a new senior secured credit facilities providing for borrowings of up to $625 million. The net proceeds will be used, together with cash on hand, to repay existing indebtedness.