Data Center Industry Links for June 29th
Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for June 29th:
- Interxion Reports Q1 2010 Results – Interxion, a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today released its unaudited numbers for the three months ended 31 March 2010. Revenue increased by 18% to €47.8 million (Q1 2009: €40.4 million) and Adjusted EBITDA increased by 24% to €17.4 million (Q1 2009: €14.1 million). Press release.
- NYI Launches Financial Exchange Connectivity Service – NYI has launched NYI X-Connect, a new platform that allows NYI customers immediate, customizable access to more than 20 top markets, including New York, New Jersey, Frankfurt, Singapore, Hong Kong, Chicago and Toronto. Powered by Hudson Fiber Network, NYI X-Connect is a dynamic, customizable network solution that extends NYI’s portfolio to the global, financial community. Press release.
- SoftLayer Offers ‘Build Your Own Cloud’ Service – SoftLayer Technologies Monday announced the launch of Build Your Own Cloud, a new addition to its leading CloudLayer family of cloud services. Build Your Own Cloud lets customers create customized cloud servers to gain greater application performance, cost efficiency, and availability.
- ZT Systems Breaks Performance-Per-Watt Record – ZT Systems, a leading provider of customized server solutions for large-scale data centers, today announced the ZT Systems 1253Ra 1U Datacenter Server, featuring the best performance per watt measured to date for an AMD Opteron 4100 Series processor-powered server) – a 52% increase in performance per watt over ZT Systems servers powered by the previous generation of comparable Opteron processors. Press release.
- Pitney Bowes to Host With Terremark – Terremark Worldwide, Inc. (TMRK) today announced that Pitney Bowes Business Insight has selected Terremark’s Enterprise Cloud as the underlying infrastructure for its recently launched MapInfo Stratus solution. Press release.
- Savvis Symphony Launches, Enables Virtual Private Data Centers – Savvis Symphony, one of the broadest lines of cloud services on the market, officially launches today with the release of Savvis Symphony Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC), a new cloud computing offering from Savvis, Inc. that offers fully managed hosting services on top of fully managed, enterprise-class infrastructure. Press release.
- Cushman & Wakefield Adds to Mission Critical Facilities Practice – Cushman & Wakefield today announced the appointment of Miles Loo, Jr., a Managing Director at the firm, to National Practice Leader for the Valuation & Advisory Services arm of the company’s Global Mission Critical Facilities Practice. Mr. Loo’s promotion enhances the firm’s robust Valuation & Advisory Services offerings for specialty property types. Press Release.
- 24/7 Fiber Network Expands – 24/7 Fiber Network, Baltimore-Washington D.C. metropolitan area’s high capacity transport and dark fiber network provider, today announces the expansion of its footprint into underserved markets throughout the Delmarva Peninsula and into the metro Washington D.C. area. Press Release.