Here's our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for June 1st:
- ElasticHosts Takes Scalable Cloud Hosting to the US - ElasticHosts, the UK-based cloud provider, today announced the launch of its cloud server solutions in the US. The offering provides flexible server capacity for scalable web hosting and on-demand burst computing. Press Release.
- Rackspace a Top 100 Performing Technology Company - Rackspace has earned the No. 63 spot on the 12th annual Bloomberg Businessweek Tech 100 list of the top performing technology companies across the globe. Rackspace ranked No. 34 for revenue growth among the global technology companies, and No. 11 for revenue growth of US-based technology companies. Press Release, via MarketWatch.
- KDDI America Enhances Its Network in New York Metro Area - KDDI America Inc, today announced that it has launched KDDI America MetroWave, metro wavelength network, in the New York metropolitan area offering a wide variety of flexible and affordable, high-performance network services to customers in some of New York City's largest carrier hotels. Press Release.
- SoftLayer Adds White Label Customer Portal - SoftLayer has released an open-source, brandable implementation of the SoftLayer Customer Portal, built on SoftLayer's open API, allowing resellers and customers to create a customized user interface featuring their unique corporate identity, providing end users a singularly branded user experience. Press release.
- iomart Secures $14.5M Loan for Future Acquisitions - UK web hosting provider iomart Group has secured a $14.5 million (£10 million) credit loan from Lloyds Banking Group as it continues its strategy to grow its managed hosting business through a combination of organic growth and acquisition. From The WHIR.
- The Planet Names Senior Marketing Executive - The Planet today announced the appointment of Matthew R. Benner as vice president of Marketing and Product Management.
- SunGard Global Network Expands Options for Customers - SunGard is nearly doubling the trading venues and markets its customers can access by bringing together its three global network solutions for routing equities, listed derivatives and fixed income orders to form the SunGard Global Network (SGN). Press release.