Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for May 28th:
- A DC CapEx Primer  – So, just how much does new data center capacity cost? Fortuitously, capital costs came up in several presentations at the Uptime Symposium in New York last week. Mark Bramfitt on Utilities & IT.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center getting $10M for data center  – The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle will receive $10.1 million in federal stimulus money for a new research data center. From the Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Data center is part of fraud probe  – A New York construction company allegedly overbilled about $3 million for work done on a data center in North Bergen, according to an official familiar with the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into the matter. From The Bergen Record.
- Schuff Steel Awarded Contract for Data Center in Silicon Valley, CA  – Schuff Steel Company has been awarded a new contract for steel fabrication and erection for a 170,000 square foot data center in Silicon Valley. Press Release.
- IT architects ponder converged infrastructure “pods”  – The downside of one-size-fits-all converged infrastructure designs can be inflexbility and lock-in, critics say. Their contention is that the widespread move away from mainframes to distributed systems happened for a reason. From SearchDataCenter.com.
- RCN Metro Joins Ethernet Exchange Party  – RCN Metro has decided to join the growing Ethernet exchange movement. From Telecom Ramblings.
- India to be looked upon for Cloud Computing: Ballmer  – “India will not only see a surge in cloud computing services but companies all over the world will look to India to support their transition to cloud computing,” said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. From SiliconIndia.
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2010/05/28/data-center-industry-links-for-may-28th-3/
URLs in this post:
 A DC CapEx Primer: http://mark17.typepad.com/blog/2010/05/a-dc-capex-primer.html
 Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center getting $10M for data center: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2010/05/24/daily31.html
 Data center is part of fraud probe: http://www.northjersey.com/news/hudson/86120517_Data_center_is_part_of_fraud_probe.html
 Schuff Steel Awarded Contract for Data Center in Silicon Valley, CA: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/schuff-steel-awarded-contract-for-data-center-in-silicon-valley-ca-2010-05-27?reflink=MW_news_stmp
 IT architects ponder converged infrastructure “pods”: http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid80_gci1513544,00.html?track=sy185
 RCN Metro Joins Ethernet Exchange Party: http://www.telecomramblings.com/2010/05/rcn-metro-joins-ethernet-exchange-party/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TelecomRamblings+%28Telecom+Ramblings%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
 India to be looked upon for Cloud Computing: Ballmer: http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/India_to_be_looked_upon_for_Cloud_Computing_Ballmer-nid-68328.html
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.