Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for May 21st:
- Rackspace Will Expand Its Cloud to the UK  – Rackspace Hosting (RAX) announced this week that it plans to bring public cloud services to the UK by the end of the year. Press Release.
- Telstra International completes ‘Black Building Test’  – Telstra International has today announced the completion of its latest annual Black Building Test at its London Hosting Centre (LHC) – Docklands. The tests simulate a full electrical outage to test all business continuity systems. Press Release.
- Amazon Redefines Durability with Reduced Reliability Storage (RRS) – Stephen Foskett, Pack Rat  – Before Google could announce their new “Google Storage for Developers” cloud storage offering in their I/O conference keynote, Amazon hit back with a new low-cost “Reduced Redundancy Storage” option for S3. The titans are at war, and cloud storage is the new battle ground. From Stephen Foskett.
- Datapipe to Provide Managed Hosting for Startup 2010 Winner  – Datapipe is sponsoring Startup 2010: The Mobile Revolution, a one-day conference and business plan competition co-hosted by Silicon Alley Insider and New York University’s Stern School of Business.Ten startups will compete for the grand prize which includes $5,000 in managed hosting services from Datapipe.
- Realistiq Colocates at CoreLink Data Centers  – Colocation provider CoreLink Data Centers said Thursday that it is providing colocation services to real estate technology solutions provider Realistiq. From The WHIR.
- Oh My! Chuck’s Blog  – Many of us are still contemplating the enormous implications of VMware’s announcement from the Google I/O conference. Without getting too technical on you, the pitch is simple: build your applications on SpringSource’s enhanced Java stack. If you do, you can run them on any cloud: VMware’s, Amazon’s – even Google’s. From Chuck Hollis of EMC
- DreamHost.com DDOS  – “There was a DDoS attack to dreamhost.com which caused our load balancer to get a bit overwhelmed which also took down some other services. We are working on restoring access to dreamhost.com right now and more updates to come.” From DreamHost Status.
- IBM adoption moves NVIDIA into the big leagues  – While its not clear that NVIDIA’s accelerator hegemony will last forever — both Intel and AMD are pursuing plans to include accelerators into their base silicon — the company is in an outstanding position in the near term. From InsideHPC
- QuantHouse Selects Interxion to Complete its London Based Data Centre Coverage  – Interxion announced today that QuantHouse, an independent provider of low-latency trading solutions, is now delivering its services from Interxion’s Financial Hub in its City of London data centre. From the A-Team Group
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2010/05/21/data-center-industry-links-for-may-21st/
URLs in this post:
 Rackspace Will Expand Its Cloud to the UK: http://www.rackspace.com/information/mediacenter/release.php?id=8474
 Telstra International completes ‘Black Building Test’: http://www.telstrainternational.co.uk/news/nid-51/telstra-international-completes-black-building-test-/
 Amazon Redefines Durability with Reduced Reliability Storage (RRS) – Stephen Foskett, Pack Rat: http://blog.fosketts.net/2010/05/19/amazon-s3-rrs-durability-reduced-reliability-storage/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StephenFoskettPackRat+%28Stephen+Foskett%2C+Pack+Rat%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
 Datapipe to Provide Managed Hosting for Startup 2010 Winner: http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Datapipe-to-Provide-Managed-Hosting-for-Startup-2010-Winner-1264026.htm
 Realistiq Colocates at CoreLink Data Centers: http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/052010_Realistiq_Colocates_at_CoreLink_Data_Centers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thewhir+%28theWhir.com+-+Daily+Web+Hosting+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
 Oh My! Chuck’s Blog: http://chucksblog.emc.com/chucks_blog/2010/05/oh-my.html
 DreamHost.com DDOS: http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2010/05/20/web-panel-downtime-2/
 IBM adoption moves NVIDIA into the big leagues: http://insidehpc.com/2010/05/20/ibm-adoption-moves-nvidia-into-the-big-leagues/
 QuantHouse Selects Interxion to Complete its London Based Data Centre Coverage: http://www.a-teamgroup.com/article/quanthouse-selects-interxion-to-complete-its-london-based-data-centre-coverage/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+low-latency+%28A-Team+Insight%3A+Low+Latency%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.