Here’s our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for May 13th:
- Liquid Web Launches Hybrid Cloud – Managed web host Liquid Web has announced a major new feature for its Storm On Demand cloud computing platform, allowing users to provision and manage private dedicated servers with powerful cloud hosting features. From The WHIR.
- Earthquakes put NASA’s supercomputer at Risk – NASA has one of the fastest supercomputers in the world, but the expensive bit of kit is at risk because the outfit could not afford an electrical back up unit. From TechEye
- The Cloud Computing Opportunity by the Numbers – How big is the opportunity for cloud computing? Let’s break down the opportunity by the numbers available today. From Elastic Vapor.
- Trunk Networks Adds London Presence with Interxion – Interxion, a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced an agreement with Trunk Networks for services in Interxion’s London City data centre. Press release.
- Server Technology and Modius Announce Alliance – Server Technology today announced a comprehensive integration of Sentry Power Manager (SPM), Sentry Smart and Switched Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with the Modius OpenData data center monitoring software. Press release.