It also illustrates how, through innovative design, a refrigerant-based system can be deployed with minimal impact on present infrastructure, and it enumerates the advantages of an active refrigerant-based cooling approach over a passive energy-neutral design.
Read the full Alcatel-Lucent white paper to see how a phase change or “two-phase” data center cooling solution can help organizations:
• Decrease energy costs – due to the decreased need for supplemental air conditioning units;
• Maximize space utilization within the data center – by allowing more servers in each cabinet, more cabinets per data center
• Eliminate the need for hot and cold aisles and isolated high power cabinets/racks;
• Minimize the need for specially conditioned rooms for data centers; and
• Help address eco-sustainability requirements/issues
o Reduced carbon footprint
o Reduced energy consumption
Click here to download the white paper.
Pages: 1 2