Most cloud computing data centers aren't open for tours. Not to worry. Data Center Knowledge has put together virtual tours using photos and videos to bring you inside some of the world's largest cloud computing data centers. Here are some links:
- Inside Microsoft's Chicago Data Center: A look at the mammoth 700,000 square foot data center, featuring shipping containers packed with up to 2,000 servers apiece.
- Inside A Google Data Center: Highlights of a rare video tour of a Google data center, which also uses server-packed shipping containers.
- Terremark's Federal Data Fortress: A detailed video tour of the NAP of the Capital Region, an ultra-secure data center in Virginia designed to host sensitive government data.
- Inside Microsoft's Dublin Mega Data Center: A photo tour of this newly-opened facility, which is one of the world's most most energy efficient information facilities, and will power Microsoft's cloud computing operations in Europe and Africa.
- A Look Inside the Sun Cloud: The Sun Microsystems cloud computing platform is housed at the SuperNAP, a 400,000 square foot facility in Las Vegas that's customized for high-density computing.
- The Internet's Busiest Intersection: The Equinix data center complex in northern Virginia is is a key connectivity hub in the digital economy.