There’s been a flurry of announcements of new data centers, facility expansions and customer wins this week.
Here’s a roundup:
- CSC has opened a 128,000 square foot data center in East Greenbush, N.Y. The facility will support two state Medicaid programs and a Medicare Part D prescription program, and will employ 65 workers.
- In another new project in upstate New York, tw telecom ( TWTC) announced the expansion of a 13,000 square foot colocation facility with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). The facility, to be located at the Saratoga Technology + Energy Park in Malta, N.Y. is scheduled to open for tenants in the first quarter of 2010.
- Interxion, a leading European operator of carrier-neutral data centers, is investing EUR 12 million ($17.5 million US) in a new facility in Dublin, Ireland. The expansion will support growing customer demand for high-density colocation and managed services, the company said. The new data centre will have a total of 2,455 square meters (about 26,000 square feet) of gross space, with the first phase of equipped space scheduled to be ready for customer installations in April 2010.
- Justin.tv has expanded its presence in the Telx facility at 200 Paul Avenue in San Francisco, which will allow the service to support more live video feeds. Justin.tv is the largest online community for live video, with more than 41 million unique visitors per month.
- Quality Technology Services (QualityTech) announced that IT services and consulting company InterDev recently signed a 3-year contract to provide hosting services for InterDev`s cloud computing solution, InterCloud.