Here’s a roundup of some of some of this week’s headlines from the data center and hosting industry:
- CoSentry selects Packet Power to monitor energy consumption. Midwest data center and colocation provider CoSentry announced that it has selected Packet Power  to monitor data center power consumption. ”We chose Packet Power because of the low capital outlay and less intrusive installation – the implementation was as simple as connecting the Packet Power cables to the devices we wanted to monitor and that’s it,” said Brian Driscoll, Site Manager at CoSentry. Packet Power  is a startup offering detailed electrical power consumption data for analysis. CoSentry operates data centers in Omaha, Kansas City and Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Interxion selected by Stardoll. European data center operator Interxion announced  that they have been selected by Stardoll, to house equipment in its Stockholm data center. Stardoll is the world’s largest paper doll site and the company needed additional capacity to support continued expansion. Interxion has an extensive European footprint with 24 data centers in 11 countries.
- Savvis considering hybrid cloud for capital markets. IT Services company Savvis is reported to be considering a hybrid cloud solution  for their capital markets customers. In July Savvis announced plans for a major expansion in New Jersey , and a week ago they previewed  their next generation cloud offering. The financial sector is the largest vertical for Savvis and the idea is to give a private grid infrastructure for applications hosted at Savvis to their investment banks and hedge funds customers to share. The tough sell is to prove the security and exclusivity of the cloud solution to just customers in the capital markets.
- AdaptivCool HotSpotr floor tiles. Greentechmedia.com has an article  on AdaptivCool’s HotSpotr HT-500 line of underfloor air movers. The floor tiles contain fans and are linked to temperature controls to then distribute just the right amount of cooling. ”Those fan-and-sensor enabled tiles blow the cold air into places where servers are running hot, and ignore places where servers aren’t generating that much heat,” said CTO Rajesh Nair. AdaptivCool also makes sensor-enabled roof units. AdaptivCool recently partnered  with Massachutes based Electronic Environments to resell AdaptivCool data center cooling solutions.
- New Rittal UL Type 12 Network Enclosure. Industrial and data center products company Rittal Corporation announced a new line  of UL Type 12 network enclosures. The Rittal Type 12 rated TS8 enclosures draw on their experience in both industrial and IT solutions and provide the protection of industrial enclosures along with the flexibility and performance of their IT enclosures. The enclosures have a 3,200 lb. load capacity and multiple points for mounting, depth-adjustable 19 inch rails, internal hinges and locking points, and many other features. UL type 12 referrs to Underwriters Laboratories Inc specifications for enclosures for electrical equipment. Type 12 enclosures are described as “Indoor use to provide a degree of protection against dust, dirt, fiber flaying, dripping water, and external condensation of non corrosive liquids.”
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/09/09/roundup-packet-power-interxion-adaptivcool/
URLs in this post:
 has selected Packet Power: http://www.prweb.com/releases/data-center-power/consumption-monitoring/prweb2843204.htm
 Packet Power: http://www.packet-power.com
 CoSentry : http://cosentry.com
 Interxion announced: http://www.interxion.com/Latest-Press-Releases/2009/Interxion-Stockholm-Houses-Stardoll/
 reported to be considering a hybrid cloud solution: http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2516763/
 expansion in New Jersey: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/07/29/major-expansion-for-savvis-nj-trading-hub/
 week ago they previewed: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/09/01/savvis-previews-next-gen-cloud-offering/
 has an article: http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/adaptivcool-the-goldilocks-of-data-center-cooling/
 recently partnered: http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=048259453DC24A74BD1F1B737F294A9A
 announced a new line: http://rittal-corp.com/company/news/press_release.cfm?nid=158
 enclosures : http://rittal-corp.com/products/index.cfm?n1ID=5&n2ID=43&n3ID=361
 specifications : http://www.engineersedge.com/enclosure_classifications_ul.htm
 John Rath: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/johnr/
Click here to print.