Structure 09 Puts Cloud Computing in Focus
June 5th, 2009 By: Rich Miller
Some of the IT industry’s leading technologists will offer their perspectives on practical approaches to cloud computing at Structure 09: Put Cloud Computing to Work, a conference by the GigaOm Network set for June 25 at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco. “When it comes to cloud computing, the noise is increasing,” the organizers write. “Structure 09 is your filter.” Data Center Knowledge readers can get a 10 percent discount on registration by using the code MPDCK.
Panels at Structure 09 will examine new database paradigms for web-scale computing, building hosting platforms for cloud apps, building clouds atop commodity hardware and the evolution of specialized clouds for industry verticals. The keynote speaker will be Paul Sagan, the president and CEO of Akamai, while conference host Om Malik will conduct several “fireside chats” with Facebook CTO Jonathan Heiliger, Amazon.com CTO Werner Vogels and Sun Microsystems CTPO Greg Papadopoulos. Other scheduled speakers and panelists include:
- Matt Mullenweg, founding developer of WordPress
- Lew Moorman, President, The Rackspace Cloud
- Bryan Doerr, CTO of Savvis
- Steve Cumings, Director of Infrastructure for HP
- Doug Gourlay, VP of Data Center Solutions, Cisco
- Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO of Salesforce.com
- Raj Patel, VP for Global Networks at Yahoo
- Lloyd Taylor, VP of Tech Operations at LinkedIn
See the Structure 09 signup page for more information.