It's already been a really busy week for data center industry news announcements. Here's a roundup:
- CRG West said the company's Boston and Chicago data centers have completed SAS 70 Type II certification. "As many industries move toward heightened regulatory environments, having a provider with a SAS 70 Type I or Type II certification is a meaningful way to validate the overall credibility of an outsourced data center provider,” said Billie Haggard, CRG West Vice President of Data Centers.
- Hosted VMware specialist iland Internet Solutions announced an agreement to deploy Vizioncore's vReplicator virtualization solution in iland’s virtual data centers, providing ‘best in class’ replication solutions for iland customers.
- HostMySite said it has successfully completed a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance audit by Trustwave. "Being PCI compliant provides assurance to HostMySite customers that the industry standards for security, confidentiality and protection of cardholder data are upheld," said Joel Daly, COO at HostMySite.
- C7 Data Centers and Quest said they would partner to offer one another's customers colocation and business continuity space in multiple geographic markets. These co-marketing agreements make it easier for a provider to offer disaster recovery space outside of its core geographic markets.
- IntelePeer Inc. announced a partnership with Telx which will allow IntelePeer to offer its ReachSuite hosted voice and rich media applications to Telx customers.