Earth Day: Greening The Bottom Line
April 22nd, 2009 By: Rich Miller
To mark Earth Day, we’ve posted a series of articles examining data center energy efficiency and greening the bottom line (as well as your facility). Here’s the full package at a glance:
- A CIO’s Take on the Future of Green IT: Deloitte’s Quinlan says “green” hype has made efficiency fashionable.
- Panel Discussion: Green Data Centers: A discussion among top technologists from IBM, Dell, Cisco, Yahoo and the Uptime Institute.
- The Business of PUE Measurement: The Green Grid isn’t doing assessments, but consulting firms are developing PUE tracking services.
- EPA to use PUE as Basis for Energy Star for Data Centers: Metric be basis for 100-point scale for facility-level energy efficiency.
- Microsoft’s Tips for Greening Your Data Center: Top 10 Best Practices for improving your energy efficiency
Be sure to check out our Green Data Center Channel for ongoing coverage of energy efficiency as a business imperative.