There were a flurry of data center announcements and expansions this week. Here’s a roundup:
- Tata Communications said its new UK data center will be a 21,400 square foot facility in the suburbs of London, which will be ready for customers in by June 30. The facility was built by Digitial Realty Trust and will feature 6 MVA electric service and six standby generators. “Tata Communications has seen a rapid increase in demand for managed IT infrastructure services in the EMEA region, driven in part by rationalised IT budgets and companies looking to outsource their data centre operations and achieve greater cost and resource efficiencies” said Abid Qadiri, Vice President of Data Centre Services for Tata Communications.
- IT service provider DynaSissaid it has opened new data center space at the 55 Marietta Street carrier hotel in downtown Atlanta. The company, which has an existing data center in Roswell, Ga., is partnering with internap on the new facility.
- Secure-24 is ready to open a new 17,000 square foot data center in Plymouth Township, Michigan. The building was renovated by Ronnisch Construction and designer Biddison Architecture.
- Rackspace (RAX) said that it has completed an expansion of its primary data center in Grapevine, Texas with an addition that will provide an additional 22,000 square feet of data center space. The expansion was the final phase of a staged build-out of the Dallas-area facility.
- Terremark Worldwide (TMRK) said it has expanded its Enterprise Cloud architecture to Europe. “The availability of Enterprise Cloud services to our customers in Europe provides them with an innovative and powerful solution to their IT infrastructure needs,” said Kurt Glazemakers, CTO for Terremark’s European operations.