Roundup: Data Center Announcements
There have been a number of announcements of new data center projects in the past week, reflecting continued activity in a challenging environment. Here’s a roundup:
- Online broker Scottrade announced a new data center in the Phoenix market. The 20,000 square foot facility will serve as a backup site for the company’s primary data center in St. Louis.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs will build a $32 million data center in Martinsburg, West Virginia. The 66,000 square foot facility will employee 120 workers.
- Limestone Networks opened a new dedicated hosting facility in the DataBank building in downtown Dallas, which was previously home to the Dallas branch of the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Web hosting company Site Ox said it has opened a new data center in Franklin, Tennessee, just south of Nashville.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJ) said it will open a new data center in Nerima district of Tokyo in March 2009.
[...] market Strength – The Industry is still showing signs of strength despite Dupont snafu. With more new facility announcements and the third quarter postings of Digital Realty, its hard to imagine that despite this crappy [...]