Today we continue Blog Week with a look at Web Hosting Blogs, a niche which has continued to grow this year. While many hosting company blogs highlight in-house offerings, a growing number are becoming resources for both customers and the web hosting community. Here’s the list:
- The WHIR Blogs: A team blog from Web Host Industry News, with contributors including WHIR staffers and industry experts in various niches, including legal issues, M&A and security.
- Netcraft: Monthly updates on the growth of the web, the most reliable hosting providers, and Internet security.
- The Inner Layer: A company blog for managed hosting provider SoftLayer, with bloggers including CEO Lance Crosby and CFO Mike Jones.
- Racklabs: Industry insight from Rackspace Managed Hosting, with regular contributors including CTO John Engates and Senior VP of Strategy Lew Moorman.
- Hot Points: Pioneering blog from Go Daddy founder and CEO Bob Parsons, who has used it as a bully pulpit during his company’s Super Bowl ad campaigns.
- The DreamHost Blog: LA’s DreamHost had one of the earliest hosting blogs. Co-founder Josh Jones has used wit and candor to connect with customers and defuse potentially disastrous outages.
- The Planet Blog: The Dallas dedicated hosting giant has a team blog with a substantial number of contributors.
- JaguarPC’s Web Hosting Blog: More active than many company blogs, with an interesting mix of topics.
- Cirtex Hosting Blog: This blog features some really useful information about how customers can succeed with their web business.
- ServerBeach Blog: Tips and news from ServerBeach, the discount dedicated hosting unit of Peer 1 Networks.
- Gator Crossing: The company blog for HostGator.
- Managed Dedicated Server Blog: A team blog from the staff at FastServers.net, which has data centers in Chicago and Iowa.
- (mt) weblog: News and tips from the folks at Los Angeles hoster media temple, which is popular with the Web 2.0 crowd.
- SaaS and Hosting Blog: News and perspective from the staff at SWSoft, which makes software for virtualization and automation.
- Layered Tech Community Blog: The staff blog for Layered Technologies, the fast-growing Dallas dedicated hosting provider.
- Matt Heaton: Thoughts on hosting, business and life from the CEO of BlueHost.
- Lunartics: The Lunarpages blog, with Mitch Keeler (“web hosting’s media rock star”) doing much of the blogging.
- HostingFu: The web hosting journal of technologist and developer Scott Yang.
- Web Hosting Buzz: This host posts about services and executive interviews, but also posts monthly uptime data for all of its servers.
- EasyStreet Business Blog: Trend watching from Easy Street Online Services in Portland, Oregon.
- HostUpon Blog: Customer-focused blog, including info on scripts.
- GawkWire: A news blog covering the hosting industry that goes beyond the review/referral model of many hosting “news” outlets.
It’s a lot to read. If you can’t track that many blogs each day, just keep reading Data Center Knowledge! We’re monitoring these sites, as well as numerous searches on topics of interest in the Data Center. News tips and backlinks are always welcome!