Intel Results Boost Data Center Stocks
April 16th, 2008 By: Rich Miller
An upbeat earnings report and forecast from Intel (INTC) gave a lift to the technology sector in trading on Wall Street today, with data center specialists having a particularly strong session, gaining between 5 and 10 percent on the day. Here’s a recap of the gainers in the sector:
- Switch and Data (SDXC) added 92 cents a share to $10.92, and improvement of 9.2 percent.
- Terremark (TMRK) rose 49 cents a share to $6.13, an improvement of 8.7 percent.
- Navisite (NAVI) improved by 23 cents per share to close at $3.28, an increase of 7.5 percent on the day.
- Shares of Savvis (SVVS) gained 7.1 percent, rising $1.13 to $16.99 a share.
- Digital Realty Trust (DLR) moved $2.02 higher to $38.79, up 5.5 percent.
- Equinix (EQIX) improved by $3.76 per share to close at $73.65, up 5.4 percent on the session.
- Level 3 (LVLT) added 10 cents a share to $2.13, an improvement of 4.9 percent.
Tech shares are likely to get a further boost from IBM’s earnings report after the market close. Big Blue (IBM) said its first quarter net income rose 26 percent to $2.32 billion, exceeding analysts’ expectations.