Links: dcTrack, CBRE, CDNetworks, SoftLayer
March 18th, 2008 By: Rich Miller
Here’s a roundup of new announcements from around the data center industry this week:
- Nassoura Technology Associates (NTA) has released dcTrack 2.0, a major upgrade to the software for automating data center infrastructure management. “The major feature enhancements include data center visualization tools, SNMP data discovery of power, temperature, and humidity items, support for virtual machines and IP addresses and subnet management tools,” said Samer Nassoura, the product lead developer.
- CB Richard Ellis is marketing a site in North Brunswick, New Jersey as a data center opportunity. 1980 US Hwy One in North Brunswick has access to dual 26 KV power and multiple fiber routes and providers, making it “an ideal site for warehouse/distribution as well as for data center use,” according to CBRE Senior Vice President Mindy Lissner.
- CDNetworks said it is globally deploying Adobe Flash Media Server 3 streaming platform in a full production environment, with interactive agency BPG Worldwide as one of its first production customers.
- Layered Technologies appointed John Faulkner as Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately. Bill Passer will maintain his role as Senior Vice President of Finance. Faulkner joins Layered Technologies from Level 3, where he served as Vice President, Finance.
- SoftLayer announced that it has upgraded its data warehouse storage arrays and adding an application layer processing cluster to enable a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). The data warehouse expansion included the installation of multi-petabyte storage arrays from EqualLogic (now Dell) in its Dallas and Seattle facilities to serve as the backend data storage powering all of SoftLayer’s on-demand service offerings.