Here are today’s quick links to news items in the data center industry:
- ComputerWorld looks at demand for secure data center space in Virginia, a market driven by the needs of the federal government. The report looks at the Terremark (TMRK) facility in Culpeper, among others.
- In the wake of rumors that Oracle (ORCL) and Salesforce.com (CRM) are talking, Bob Warfield from Smoothspan writes about the potential for consolidation in the software as a service (SaaS) market.
- Mark Fontecchio from SearchDataCenter looks at the prospect that data center energy efficiency could result in even greater energy use.
- Google Research has announced that this year’s Scalability Conference will be held June 14 in Seattle.
- Hosting.com has announced that its San Francisco data center is now climate neutral, and projects carbon savings equivalent to not burning 260,000 gallons of gasoline a year.