Video: Overview of Cisco Nexus 7000
In today’s video from TechWebTV, Cisco senior vice president Jayshree Ullal talks about the new Nexus 7000 data center switch, which combines Ethernet and Fibre Channel fabrics in one platform. Ullal talks about the new capabilities of the Nexus 7000, and where the Catalyst 6500 fits in Cisco’s Data Center 3.0 roadmap. (9 minutes, 30 seconds).
For additional discussion from around the web about Cisco’s announcements yesterday, click on “Read More.”
- Nicholas Carr notes that the Nexus Series has the capacity to send digital copies of all the movies in NetFlix’s inventory in 384 seconds.
- Light Reading describes the Nexus Series as “possibly (Cisco’s) biggest product launch in four years.”
- PC World highlights Nexus as ” data-center networking platform that eventually could take the place of both the Ethernet switches that link servers as well as the Fibre Channel devices that form storage networks.”
- On Cisco’s Data Center Networks blog, Doug Gourlay notes how he has spent “12 percent of his life” working on Monday’s announcement.
- In a SearchDataCenter story, Gourlay calls Nexus “represents the most significant change in Ethernet since the advent of switching.”
- SearchStorage looks at how Cisco’s Nexus compares with recent announcements from competitor Brocade.