It’s been another busy week, which we’ll wrap up with some links that caught our attention:
- Google Blogoscoped reports that Google (GOOG) may be close to launching Google Sites , a joining of Google Page Creator with wiki technology it acquired in the JotSpot deal. Sites is expected to provide Google Apps with a more robust site-building capability.
- NYSE Euronext will pay $200 million in cash to acquire Wombat Financial Software , a leader in low-latency trading. The deal “moves NYSE Euronext more deeply into the market data business and could allow it to marry low-latency market data with its transaction services business,” according to Wall Street & Technology.
- Equinix also boosted its low latency trading business by adding Equinix Financial eXchange communities  in London and Paris. Participants benefit from direct cross-connects to financial hub resources including traditional exchanges, market data vendors, trading platforms and clearing and settlement providers (link via Paolo Gorgo ).
- Browser pioneer Marc Andreessen says we can expect more server-less startups . “More and more start-ups are basically launching with the assumption that they are going to be purely virtual,” he said. “They have a bunch of laptops to be able to get on the web, and that is all they are doing.”
- On Tuesday Hosted Solutions held an open house for its newly-expanded data center  in Raleigh, which made a favorable impression on local press.
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2008/01/18/friday-linkapalooza-google-sites-nyse/
URLs in this post:
 launching Google Sites: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-01-18-n40.html
 acquire Wombat Financial Software: http://www.wallstreetandtech.com/blog/archives/2008/01/whats_behind_ny.html;jsessionid=GTMZS1KBT1YFKQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN
 Equinix Financial eXchange communities: http://www.eu.equinix.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=247&cntnt01returnid=583
 Paolo Gorgo: http://paologorgo.multiply.com/
 more server-less startups: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2207553/andreesen-head-cloud
 newly-expanded data center: http://www.wral.com/business/local_tech_wire/opinion/blogpost/2324554/
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.