VMWorld Day 1 Highlights
There’s lots of news today from the VMWorld 2007 conference at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, which has drawn more than 10,500 attendees. Here’s an overview of the stories that grabbed our attention:
- VMware’s Virtualization Embedded In Servers: Information Week highlights the announcements that VMWare’s hypervisor will soon come pre-installed on servers from Dell, IBM, HP, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, and NEC.
- The SearchServerVirtualization blog at TechTarget is posting early and often on VMWorld news, including VMWare Users say “Lower Prices”.
- Virtualization is now an Industry: Nice overview of the keynote from VMWare president Diane Greene by the UK’s IT Pro web site. “Virtualization is driving a complete refresh of the data center,” says Greene.
- Day 1 Keynote Liveblog: Virtualization blogger Scott Lowe provides a detailed summary of the keynote presentations by Greene and executives from AMD and Intel.
- VMware Soars; VMworld Trade Shows Opens: Eric Savitz from Barron’s tracks the impact of all the VMWorld announcements on the company’s stock. Investors appear to be impressed by the stream of releases as a positive sign for the growing VMWare ecosystem.
- Against Bland Backdrop of VMworld, Adaptec 700i Series shines: Lively discussion of the storage-related developments from VMWorld, from the never-boring Drunken Data blog.
- Live From VMWorld, Day One: Alessandro Perilli from Virtualization.info also live-blogs the keynotes.
- MS threatens to ship new hypervisor preview: The Register’s Ashlee Vance summarizes moves by Microsoft to position its products and partners amidst the hubbub of VMWorld.
- VMWorld 2007 Photos: A photostream on Flickr from Viktor van den Berg featuring photos from the show.